Better air assist

My lashed up air assist stopped fires, but wasn’t very good.
I still got bad scorch marks on cut edges and the tyre inflator air compressor was very noisy.

What I needed was a better way to direct air at the cut. I found another user of the DC-K40III, who gave me a design for a 3D printable nozzle. The STL file is here.



Using Shapeways, I ordered a 3D print (cost ~20UKP, took under a week to deliver) and got back this:


It’s now fitted to the laser head along with a small visible laser showing a crosshair.


I replaced the noisy tyre compressor with a cheap airbrushing compressor (AS18-2 from eBay).

Now, I get very little soot left on cuts and I can hear myself think.